Friday, June 3, 2011

Lost and Found

I did run out of yarn for the Round the Bend Jacket or so I had thought. Last weekend while sorting through some abandoned projects I found another skein. That should be more than enough to finish.
In the meantime I have started a cotton/tencel blend sweater for my husband from some stash yarn. I am very pleased with it so far. Pictures this weekend hopefully.

The garden has been started. The Greek oregano from last year is not only up but is huge. The lemon balm is coming back also. On Sunday we planted three tomatoes, parsley, rosemary, and a bush cucumber.
At Farmer's Market yesterday I purchased sage, lavender, thyme, french tarragon and sorrel to be planted this weekend. there are also a lot of flowers and bulbs to get in the ground if it is dry enough to get the little garden tiller out. I need to expand the circular bed in the front to 9 feet in diameter for the layout I want.


I had a very nice conversation with my new bus friend this morning. I discovered she likes all kinds of music and bowling. Neither of which are great interests of mine but I like listening to others talk about their enthusiasms. Besides it's nice to know some people who you feel you can sit next to on a crowed bus safely.

1 comment:

  1. My greek oregano is huge, as well, and even my lavender survived. Perhaps all that snow served as excellent insulation.

    ReplyDelete